Okay so I did it again and was really bad at updates but for the rest of the summer that’s going to change.
Things I’ve done this summer:
- Musically directed my high school’s production of “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.” It was AMAZING and I vocally coached them and pulled a pit band together in all of like 2 weeks and it was hilarious and the kids were so talented and funny and I GOT TO CONDUCT MY FIRST MUSICAL AND IT WAS THE GREATEST THING EVER.
- Stage managed the Ensign-Darling Vocal Fellowship concert at The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts in Hartford, CT. It was the most wonderful experience. Frustrating at times, but ultimately the most amazing first stage managing experience for which I could have asked. I mean, THE BUSHNELL?! Being my FIRST stage managing gig?! And they paid me and offered to write letters of recommendation to future employers. Like…that ain’t bad, huh?
- Went on vacation.
- Read a lot.
- Worked a lot.
Things I am doing in the next week:
- Getting my wisdom teeth out TOMORROW. Eek :\ no trombone for a little while.
- Turning 20
- Seeing Tegan and Sara again with my mom and girlfriend :D
Things I still have to do this summer:
- Actually practice trombone. Like…I’ve been pretty awful about it. I couldn’t even tell you what my excerpts for this semester are, let alone play them for you. What etudes?